Appendix: Seminar Program, August 2003
QUALIFICATION GRADES FOR COMPETITORS (CHI, DAN) AND PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
Students’ grades – CHI (levels)
6th Chi (level)
Black colour sash: the duration of this Yun Chun Quan study is at least three months.
Preparation exercise techniques (demonstration):
- Stance: ’sand-glass timer’
- direct punch by the fist,
- chain punches,
- direct punch by the palm (CING CHEUN),
- strike using the base of the palm (DAN CHAK CHEUN),
- lower strike with the base of the palm (DAI CHEUN),
- front lower strike by the palm (GUM SAO),
- chopping hand technique (FACK SAO).
- hand spinning technique (HUING SAO),
- the block by the upturned palm technique (TAN SAO),
- defence using the sharp side of the hand technique (WU SAO),
- the block using the wrist technique (FOCK SAO),
- the block using the forearm technique (JUM SAO),
- deflecting block using the base of the hand (PAK SAO),
- lower block by the forearm (KAN SAO),
- axis block by the hand (BONG SAO),
- lifting hands technique (TAI SAO),
- upper strike by the base of the hand (TOK SAO),
- hand work avoiding capture technique (TUT SAO).
- Yun Chun Quan (Wing Chun) history test.
Brown colour sash: the duration of this Wing Chun study is at least one year.
Demonstration of the initial (basic) techniques of the learning program:
- Siu Nim Tao (Sil Lim Tao).
- Combinations: block-strike (Defence with all the attacking actions from Sil Lim Tao form. Carry out consecutive block-strikes with one hand; simultaneous block-strikes, i.e. one handed block, followed by another hand strike).
- Control of the centre line. Steady balance.
- Main principles of Wing Chun Quan (Wing Chun).
Blue colour sash: the duration of this Yun Chun Quan study is at least 2 years.
Demonstration of learning program techniques:
- Siu Nim Tao №2 form (Vietnam)
- Mei Hua Bo’ or Chum Kiu’ form
- Pair form 108 (50%)
- TANDA-GANDA - defence of the four corners simultaneously with attack.
- Foot work (BO FAT):
- side stance
- foot blocks (TAN GIR and BONG GIR)
- pairs formal exercises (LAP SAO) – at least 5 types.
- One hand formal chi-sao (CHI-SAO) – at least 5 types.
- The history of the development of Wing Chun in Russia.