Yun Chun Quan Forum 22nd-23rd May 2004
THE SECOND ALL-RUSSIA YUN CHUN QUAN (WING CHUN) FORUM & SEMINAR
Raising and proving Master qualifications for IV, V, VI chi (levels)
Moscow, 22nd-23rd May 2004, for members of the Federation.
22nd of May
16.00 - 17.00 Official Opening.
17.00 - 18.00 Summary of the Federation’s annual results.
18.00 - 19.00 Reports on the work done by Federation members (Yun Chun Quan in Russia and other development plans abroad).
19.00 - 20.00 Discussing Forum matters.
The All-Russia Yun Chun Quan (Wing Chun) Federation membership ceremony.
23rd of May
12.00 - 18.00 Seminar.
18.00 - 21.00 Tea ceremony.
- Rebirth of the origins and meanings of Yun Chun in the Yun Chun Quan Federation.
- Revealing the main principles of Yun Chun Quan (Wing Chun) in teaching programs for beginners and advanced competitors.
- Proof of Instructors’ qualifications in Yun Chun Quan (Wing Chun) schools.
- Compliance of various schools and organizations with the official qualifications’ standards and grades.
- Single judging program – discussions continued.
- Preparing to carry out Yun Chun Quan (Wing Chun) championship trials (with respect to possible sites and the participation of a combined team in the Moscow championships). Allocation of the date of this event.
- Consideration to hosting Annual Yun Chun Quan (Wing Chun) Festival in Moscow and other regions of Russia.
- Discussion of financial projects promoting the Federation’s development.
President of the All-Russia Yun Chun Quan (Wing Chun) Federation, Matrynov V.V.
23rd of May
Raising and proving Master qualifications at IV, V, VI chi (levels)
Recommended qualification seminar programs:
- Students, 1-3 year of study
- Pedagogical workers in Wushu (Wing Chun style)
- Beginners in the world of Wing Chun style sports
- Instructors of Wing Chun beginners
QUALIFICATION GRADES FOR COMPETITORS (CHI, DAN) AND PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
Student’s grades (CHI levels)
6th chi level: Black coloured sash: the length of Yun Chun Quan study is at least three months. Techniques demonstrated (learning program):
(I). Stance: sand-glass timer’
(IV). Yun Chun Quan (Wing Chun) history test.
5th chi: Brown coloured sash: the length of Wing Chun study is at least one year. Demonstration of early basic techniques in this learning program:
(I). Siu Nim Tao (Sil Lim Tao).
(II). Combinations: block-strike (defence with all of the attacking actions of the Sil Lim Tao form. Consecutive block-strikes with one hand; block-strike simultaneously, i.e. one hand block, another hand strike).
(III). Control of the centre line. Steady balance.
(IV). The main principles of Wing Chun Quan (Wing Chun).
4th chi: Blue coloured sash: the length of Yun Chun Quan study is at least 2 years. Demonstration of techniques in this learning program:
(I). Siu Nim Tao Number 2 form (Vietnam)
(II). Mei Hua Bo’ or Chum Kiu’ form.
(III). Pairs form 108 (50%).
(IV). TANDA - GANDA defence of the four corners, simultaneously with attack.
(V). Foot work (BO FAT).
(VII). pairs formal exercises (LAP SAO) at least 5 types.
(VIII). One hand formal chi-sao (CHI-SAO), at least 5 types.
(IX). The history of Wing Chun’s development in Russia.
A Diploma is awarded at the end of the seminar once the qualification standard has been reached.
The seminar costs $50 to attend. The cost is $25 to Yun Chun Quan (Wing Chun) Federation members.
You must bring along your Federation’s passport.
Those not able to attend in Moscow on 22nd and 23rd of May may come at any other suitable time (privately), having notified us of their intention to arrive in advance by phone or telegraph. Alternatively, documents and reports may be submitted by post or fax. These documents will be analysed and read at the Conference.
The address of the Forum and Seminar – School N. 308, Sports Hall, Alekseyevskaya Metro Station.
The sports hall has its own separate entrance.
Bring sports clothes!: Black (dark) trousers, white t-shirt, sports shoes
For non-locals: we regret that the Federation is unable to provide accommodation.
On all other matters, please contact us by phone/fax: see contacts